Re: [NTLK] Quote of the day

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 18:01:26 PDT

>I also understand that Intel is moving away from quoting
>the clock frequency as a metric of system speed. Gosh,
>perhaps Apples won't be so "slow" anymore.

Reference clock speed, while not a scientific test:

I have a G4/933 running SETI as a screen saver.

It does 1 WU in about 9 hours.

I have a Athlon 2500+ running SETI as a screen saver.

It also does 1 WU in about 9 hours.

My understanding, is the Athlon 2500+ is about equal to a P4 running at
2.4 Ghz.

The Athlon itself runs around 1.1 Ghz.

Clock speeds have become a moot point for the most part. So many other
factors contribute to a systems speed as well as the CPU itself.

Love those Alpha's -- they are cool!

Sushi