Re: [NTLK] Water and newtons

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 14:37:36 PDT

On Apr 20, 2004, at 1:32 PM, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> Humphreys, David wrote:
>> 3. Fill a dish with isopropyl alcohol. (~60c at your local pharmacy)
>
> Question: 70% or 99% isopropyl alcohol? Does it make a difference?

Personally I think the disassembly thing is overkill (might be
overkill...)
I would just eject all cards, and available batteries, open all doors
and allow the newton to sit in a warmish spot for a couple of days or
as long as you can hold out.

Then try putting the battery back in and give it a whirl.

Of course it's probably BETTER to do as David instructs, but I am
betting a little water and the above wouldn't hurt a Newton too badly.

Marty

PS with regard to alcohol the purer the better I guess...