[NTLK] Newtons and Email Attachments

From: David Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 14:17:02 PDT

Hello,

I tend to do a lot of e-mail on my Newton, so I am a bit curious about how attachments are dealt with. I use Mail V 5.1 for my e-mail and I have the various stationaries installed: image, paper, audio, text. the image stationary is huge... I also have Newtscape installed and all its parts.

I have received jpegs but am unable to view them in Mail V / I/O box. I also can not put away the e-mail to anything but HyperNewt or Newt Works . I tried putting away an e-mail that contained a Word.doc just for kicks to see what Newt Works would do with it. I got the text but the attachment was just stripped.

So my questions come down to what attachments can I open? What methods should I use to deal with them? And is there any way to expand attachment support in the future?

Thanks in advance I am excited to hear the answers.

--
As Always,
David