Re: [NTLK] Towards DCL 1.1 : NES Packager for Unix

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 04:29:46 PDT

Aux environs du 22/04/04 à 12:19 +0200, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
Towards DCL 1.1 : NES Packager for Unix", Hendrik Lipka prit sa plus
belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>As can be seen in the line
>: No such file or directoryl/DCL/K_Libs/K/Crypto/UDES.cc
>, jam skips the first part form the file name.
>(I have removed all spaces from the directory/file names, but this does not
>help).
>When executing the same command from the promt, it works (except for many
>compile errors)

For your information, -DTARGET_OS_* is handled by
K/Defines/KDefinitions.h. There is no such thing as TARGET_OS_WINDOWS
there, but there is TARGET_OS_WIN32.

I have just added TARGET_OS_CYGWIN (in CVS) that #defines
TARGET_OS_WIN32 (availability of Win32 APIs) and
TARGET_OS_COMPAT_POSIX (availability of some POSIX APIs). I suggest
changing what you did in the Jamfile to handle Cygwin and add
-DTARGET_OS_CYGWIN=1 instead of TARGET_OS_WINDOWS. Feel free to make
KDefinitions.h more smart about Cygwin (something like if __cygwin__
is defined and is 1, then automatically define TARGET_OS_CYGWIN=1).

This should eliminate most compilation errors you had (I noticed the
compilers often give a lot of errors if the target properly was not
defined properly, because the maths classes are loaded to handle 64
bits numerics).

The problem you have is what I was scared about with Jam on cygwin.
The paths in the Jamfile are in Unix form, e.g.:

KLIBS_BASE = "../../../K Libs/" ;

I think Jam on cygwin might not like them. Did you try specifying
full paths there? I mean this as a temporary solution, of course.

Additionally, I wonder why you did rename all C++ file to *.cc. The
Jamfile should handle C++ file with a .cp suffix as defined in the
following rule:

Which version of Jam have you installed?

I'm sorry I cannot help further, I don't have access to a Win32 machine.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/