Re: [NTLK] Newton Book or Newton Paperback, which is better

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 10:18:25 PDT

On Apr 22, 2004, at 5:37 AM, Paul Guyot wrote:

> Actually, the current mood within the DCL Group is to build programs
> for ourselves only. The code in the DCL was written between 1999 and
> 2004, it is a very large project with more than 60K lines of C++, and
> we have little or no feedback at all (except Eckhart saying it's
> great and the recent work from Hendrik to get it working on Windows,
> thanks guys). We get very few bug reports. Hence Nicolas often says
> that 100% of DCL users mean 3 people

It (DCL) is extremely cryptic to me, and I expect many other people
here, as to what or how I would use DCL(unless I started coding). Does
Escale use this technology? I thought so? Seems like many people use
escale, or would like to if worked a little better...

Anyhow, it's always one of the conflicts of software development as to
whether the rough product (which is usually adequate for the
developers) is worth turning into something user friendly enough for us
dumb end users...

I personally hope that you do continue to think us us!

A dumb end user.
Marty