Re: [NTLK] Tibet recommendations?

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 14:01:01 PDT

Yup, the 950 is the best choice for Tibet use. Or the Olympus 2500(3.2
MP)??? The post is in the archive.
I had the 950(2 MP), kinda big but good pics, swival lens, fast CF, used
reg. AA's, nice zoom and modes, and good display. But I broke it.
Then I got the Oylmpus D490(2.1 MP). Good pics, no swival lens but allows
QT. videos(no sound), lens cover slide to open and turn on, ok zoom and
modes, good display, uses reg. AA's, thick but not as wide as the nikon,
but slow to take pics and write and transfer(twice as slow as the Nikon).
There is an Olympus, E-10 (3-6 MP)?, that has serial but I never tried it
and haven't checked to see if it uses the fujitsu chipset.

Can't wait for Paul G. to update ATA support to allow in-card-slot
transfers.
Daniel P. has some useful hacks for the cams.
------------------
>Martin Joseph wrote:
>> Does anyone have recommendations as to the best
>> camera available that also works with Tibet (heh).
> The Nikon 950 is probably the highest MP camera that'll work. But I
think you'll find you'll want to use it at MUCH less than best quality and
image size when using it with TIBET. Transfering pics from camera to Newt
does take a while and a fair bit of battery power from both camera and Newt.
> The Agfa 1280 and 1680 cameras were what TIBET was designed for and
work well.

>Peter

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
www.lanug.org