[NTLK] Placing graphics in Newton Press 1.1

From: David Neale (david.neale_at_pandora.be)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 03:50:07 PDT

I'm trying to create a Newton book of "A Short History of Wales" (and
if I'm successful, I have a number of other titles to do). I've tried
both Newton Book Maker and Newton Press 1.1. I'd prefer to use the
latter, as it should allow me to insert graphics, a feature i could use
for family trees. However, when I try to insert any graphic by either
method (drag and drop or cut and paste), Newton Press simply disappears
-- windows, application, the lot! I've increased the allocated memory
size (preferred), I've stopped Classic and restarted, all to no avail.
I'm running Classic under Panther. Is anyone actually able to insert
graphics? If so, how? (Please don't say that I have to start up in
Classic -- I shall simply drop the idea then!)

David