[NTLK] Looking for microscope illumination

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 12:46:52 PDT

Hi all,

after having lugged 46 lbs of stereo zoom microscope from the US of A
back to Germany without a problem, I have found out that the bulb in
the illuminator hasn't survived UPS' delivering this thing from
California to Florida :-(
Would anybody happen to have a bulb lying around that fits the
following description?

Name: GE1460X (General Electric, manufactured by others, too, with
      1460 in the name). The Bausch & Lomb spare parts number is 31-32-40.
Voltage: 6.5 Volt
Current: 2.75 Ampere
Socket: p30d
http://donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b.pl/bausch-lomb-31-32-40.html

This bulb has "prefocused" in its name. There are other GE1460 bulbs that
don't have this in their name, not sure if it is important.

Alternatively (and preferredly) I am interested in any kind of ring
illuminators with an inner diameter of about 5 cm. I might have a chance to
get the light source itself here, so all I need is the part from the
light source to the ring. I do not know about the correct terminology
in English, I am talking about what in Germany is called "Lichtleiter" and
(I think) in English optical fiber technology or so.
A hose-like thingie connected to the light source and a light-emitting
ring connected to the hose-like thingie.

I'd buy or trade for Newton / eMate stuff or repairs. Of course, donations
are even more welcome ;-)

Thanks

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de