Re: [NTLK] LPR Printer Driver Success!

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 11:16:40 PDT

Aux environs du 27/04/04 ā 19:21 +0300, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK] LPR
Printer Driver Success!", Eckhart Köppen prit sa plus belle plume
pour écrire les mots suivants:
>Nope. I have just tested it with an HP LaserWriter and it worked fine.
>Otherwise, maybe a printer server might be needed if the printer
>doesn't like that the Newton sends zero as the file size. If you are
>running Unix, LPRng might be a good choice. CUPS (under MacOS X) should
>work as well. Beware however, some printer servers are also fuzzy about
>the zero length...

I'd be happy to hear about someone succeeding with CUPS on MacOS X.
I've tried a lot of things and while CUPS does eat the job through
its lpd emulation layer, it doesn't seem to print anything.

Could you please tell me more about this zero length thing?

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/