Re: [NTLK] Slightly OT: Slamin' battery renewal

From: Doug Augustyn (optix_at_six5535.org)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 11:00:18 PDT

Well, i just figured out what that message ment.

During the 'renewal' process, I broke the thermal fuse on the ends of the
batteries. After opening the pack up, and preparing it foe a re-celling, I
noticed the problem. After letting my soldering iron warm-up, I soldered it
back on, and now after a mildly burned finger I am glad to report that my
battery pack is working just as it was before, with added capacity.

Only time will tell if this capacity is here to stay...

Responding to Andrei Chichak's comment:

--
My other computer is a Newton UMP2k
http://www.SiX5535.org