Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 + Cisco Routers

From: Jeff Henry (j3ff_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 21:45:44 PDT

> Yes, you can, given you can find/make a null-modem cable for DB9.
>
> Responding to Chris Chapman's comment:
> ||so... can I use my newton to db9 in addtion to a null modem cable?
> --

I forgot to mention that the null modem cable that I got was from radio
shack. It cost me around a whole 6 bucks. It is just 2 db9 connectors. The
newt cable I have is db9 on the end so I just plug it between the cables.
The db9 null modem also comes in handy for other devices besides cisco gear.
I work on all kinds of different equipment. One thing I saw a while back was
a adapter that automatically sensed what it needed to do to communicate. I
can not remember where I found it at and have not been able to relocate it
as of yet.
Jeff