Re: [NTLK] Eckhart's LPR Driver - How to get IP of Printer?

From: Dave Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 18:33:26 PDT

On Apr 29, 2004, at 8:29 PM, Michael Blazer wrote:

> Can you give the LaserJet a fixed IP address? That's what I did with
> my LaserJet 4M+ ... it's in one of the menus on the printer. I have
> DHCP service on my router for my Macs, but that way I know my printer
> is always at 192.168.2.99.

Interesting idea, Michael. Does the 4M+ have an Ethernet port? The 5MP
has just a LocalTalk and Parallel connection, for Macs and PCs. I'm not
aware of any way to address the printer (there is no display for
menus), but I will see if I can dig up the manual. Maybe there's a way
to assign it an address, even though there is no NIC built-in...

- Dave