[NTLK] Null modem to a FreeBSD box with PT100?

From: Smith Family (smithrus_at_hutchtel.net)
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 10:09:27 PDT

I'm trying to get my Newton 2100 to connect to some FreeBSD boxen I have
over a null-modem cable for watching boot output. My current setup looks
like this:

Newt --> Interconnect Adapter (Mac) --> Handspring DIN8-DB9 dongle (perhaps
this is the problem?) --> DB9 male-male null-modem cable --> female DB9 on
the PC.

I have PT100 set up like this:

Session: FreeBSD Serial
Type: Direct Serial Session
Login Script: None
Serial Port: Serial Port

Speed: 9600 Data Bits: 8
Flow Control: None Parity: N
Local Echo: No Stop Bits: 1

When I attempt to connect with this setup I get a speed of 0, EC unknown,
and nothing in the output buffer. Any suggestions?

Colin