[NTLK] A possible answer to your Mail V problem and my own difficulties

From: Glen Swanson (glen_at_swanson.dk)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 00:28:44 PDT

jc,
I had similar problems setting up Mail V and (as odd as it seems) I
found that by opening and then closing the Mail Assistant utility it
seemed to settle things done. Though it may be a placebo, I've used it
whenever this reoccurs, and it does seem to help.
On the other hand, I seem to be missing a fundamental point of IMAP. I
would like to manage my IMAP account on my desktop and also on my
Newton. By that I mean that I would like to be able to read mail on
both machines and choose to delete on either. Then whenever I'm on
line, I'll have the respective changes updated. Instead Mail V seems to
insist on downloading mail repeatedly so I may end up with half a dozen
copies of the same letter on the Newton. This is a bit frustrating when
they are larger documents.
Could it be I've set something up incorrectly, or am I missing the
point with Mail V.
Glen

Glen Swanson
Åvænget 5,