[NTLK] UK FS, 2000 upgraded.

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 08:04:43 PDT

If anyone's interested - I just got a 'proper' 2100, and since I don't
seem to have been successful in my acquisition of a 2000 motherboard to
downgrade my 2000 Upg. to a regular 2000 for the sake of completeness,
I don't really need two functionally identical Newtons!

So I have available a 2000 upgraded to 2100, with a PSU and
rechargeable battery. Will sell for sensible offers (don't really feel
like doing more eBaying) or swap for Apple IIgs items, specifically
High Speed SCSI or a Transwarp GS that hasn't been messed with (unless
that messing is adding a cache board). RAMFast SCSI is also acceptable,
but I'm not very into the ZipGS, it seems to be less reliable.

Would also consider other Apple II items, but shipping would be a
killer - I need a IIc+, external 5.25" drives (and another 3.5" drive
really) for my IIgs.

Final option would be a fixed-price tradein for a 2000 - $49, same as
J&K's upgrade, but obviously applicable in the UK with reasonable
shipping for both sides. There is a very slight scuff near the speaker
and a couple of marks on the lid; I'd expect a 2000 in similar
'presentable' condition. For UK people with Apple IIgs items I need,
I'd consider the three floppy drives I need to be worth $49 - I know
the US people will choke at that as the 5.25" drives are a couple of
bucks on eBay, and the 3.5" about $10, but I've already spent $40 on
shipping two drives and not had them appear, when a Brazilian Apple II
clone sent by surface mail arrived in 10 days.

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)