Re: [NTLK] Wireless PC Card Question

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 15:11:51 PDT

Aux environs du 3/08/04 à 17:08 -0400, sous le titre "[NTLK] Wireless
PC Card Question", Sonny Hung prit sa plus belle plume pour écrire
les mots suivants:
>Hi,
>
>I've just picked up a COMPAQ WL110.
>Researching on the net pulls up that it's a WaveLAN rebadged card.
>
>When plugged into the MP2100 it reads, 'There is a problem with this card.
>(Newton cannot recognize this type of card.)'
>
>Now I recall there was a way to modify 'something' to recognize cards.
>However from what I recall it pertains to long ID names - Something to the
>fact of a 3x character limit. I'm wondering if anyone has any info regarding
>this??? What file am I suppose to change and how to change it. Now also I
>would need to know how to find out what my cards ID is.

Install Newton Devices (aka Lantern)
http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/software/Internet/NIE2/ENETSUP/newtdev.pkg

Hiroshi's driver:
http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm

And MoreWiFi:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/morewifi/

You don't need Lantern Patch for the WL110 as mentioned in the table
since the WL110's product string is less than 32 characters long.

If you want to know what your card's product string is, install GetCardInfo:
http://www.unna.org/unna/utilites/GetCardInfo/

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/