Re: [NTLK] Problems with TapBar

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 10:03:39 PDT

Jeremy Fisher wrote:
> I tried installing TapBar, but for some reason both the Newton
> Connection Utilities on my PC and the Newton ended up freezing just as
> it was finishing. Unfortunately, when I restarted something seems to
> have happened where the newton no longer recognizes whether the pen is
> on or off the screen. No matter where i push the pen, nothing happens.

That is very weird. I have used it both a 120 and 130 without any
problems. What is your backdrop app? What other apps do you have
installed? Also try restarting it again via the Reset button in the
battery compartment and see if you still have a problem. If you
installed it on the internal store (which Tapbar
recamends) do what Woody said except first push the rest button in the
battery compartment. Then flip the machine over and press and hold the
pen 1/4 from the left edge. You will get a message "do you want to
activate packages in the internal store?". Hit no. And the same
message should pop up for the card say no. Then you can delete any
package that is needed.

I would suggest freezing all the package (install SBM Options package,
turn on freezing, go into extras then tap and hold over a package till
you get a squeak and the package stays selected then go to the envelope
icon and select freeze do this for all your packages except for the
built in ones). Then reinstall tapbar. Then unfreeze packages one by
one till you find the conflicting package. Also with tapbar you need to
install the core and setup packages at least. Everything else is
optional. All you need to disable tapbar is to delete or freeze the
core package.

-Dan