Re: [NTLK] NTK 1.6.4

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 06:23:37 PDT

Martin Howard wrote:
> However, I did not read those instructions. Why? Because they're not
> under 'Development' at UNNA, they're under 'Apple'. If you go to UNNA
> and do the logical thing, which is to go to 'Development', then
> 'NewtonDev', you find the NewtonDev files which, the README for those
> suggests, include everything you could ever need to do development on
> the Newton.

Right. You only need to follow the instructions if you're going to install
NTK manually. It's come up a number of times in the past so I put those
instructions in that directory. You're right though, it doesn't apply to
NewtonDev because everything's already setup there.

> If you use the search function at UNNA and search for 'NTK', it returns
> no hits. Zero. Nada.
>
> In other words: for the person who does not already know UNNA, there is
> no indication that (a) there are two NTK packages, and (b) the right
> one lies under the 'Apple' tree.

Thanks for the feedback! There were no descriptions for NTK in the database
yet, so I wrote some.