Re: [NTLK] 3com 3c589C

From: George Bingham (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 08:33:24 PDT

Hey Alex,

    I use a 3Com 3c589C card in my 2100. I use it while at work.
(At home I use a wireless card, lucent silver). It seems to perform
fine, although it's a bit power hungry.

    In the list of card drivers I choose "3Com 3c589" (without the C) though.

    I did "fry" a card once though, not exactly sure what I did, but
maybe I didn't wait for the light to turn off on it's dongle before
disconnecting it. But since they're so plentiful and cheap (at least
 at the used computer parts store I frequent), it wasn't a big deal.

   Although I have used this card at home, I prefer to use my lucent
wireless card as it seems to draw less power.

HTH,

George