Re: [NTLK] 2004 Win XP Newton?

From: karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 02:38:09 PDT

Dirk Hornbeck wrote:
> http://www.dynamism.com/u70/gallery.shtml
>
> Apart from the OS, looks like what the Newton should've have grown up to be:
> -WiFi, IrDA, Bluetooth
> -Win XP Pro
> -20 GB
> -512 MB ram
> -1GHz processor
> -etc., etc.

Nice machine, pity about the operating system. If anything, my recent
dabbling with a Fujitsu has learned me that Windows is really not
suited to be operated by a pen (I would have written: '... is really
not suited to be operated' and stopped there, but people tend to take
offense).

BTW, I run Windows 2k on the Fujitsu, which some claim is the last
decent version of Windows /ever/ .

Dammit! we really need a Newton-like OS for all this funky Intel
hardware that's popping up. Imagine this Sony thing, with the hard
drive battery sucker ripped out and replaced with a solid state drive,
running an OS like NewtonOS that does not need to swap its guts out
every five seconds...

<cybergasm!>

Aaaahhhh....

Karel Jansens