Re: [NTLK] Art of Newton

From: Goodwin, Greg (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 08:59:43 PDT

Found a E-mate at the First Saturday Sidewalk sale in Dallas, Texas, and
I am more impressed than I thought I would be. Now my wife, mom, and two
other people want one. They are just cute! Having been a 2000 user for
years, I'm playing with the E-Mate and I find it has...

1) auto turn on when you open it, and auto close. Nice!
2) Built in keyboard with hard wired menu buttons... nice!
3) Will play audio notes. Unexpected.
4) Faster than I thought it would be.

The case is nice, the rubber grip under the handle is a nice touch. Just
a well thought out sub-laptop. Again, I am more impressed than I thought
I would be. What improvements can I make for the E-mate?

Oh yeh, like the headphone port. This thing takes so much for granted!

I am having difficulty being able to write to most cards that I used on
the Newton 2000 however, which is interesting. So far it won't format
IBM or Centenial cards, but it likes my 32 meg card. (Which is a
Pretec).

     Would appreciate experiences and viewpoints on the E-Mate.

Doctor Clu
Newton 110 User 1995-1997
Newton 2000 User 1997 - ?
E-Mate User 2004? - ?