[NTLK] eMate Button Mapping?

From: Sean Cross (smcross_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 12:52:28 PDT

As a new eMate user, I'm beginning to explore various aspects of the
device. It's surprisingly different from my 2100, the keyboard really
makes a difference (as does the 143 Mhz difference).

So far, my biggest pet peeve is the lack of internal memory, and the
inability to have two cards attached at the same time. I gather that
is a common complaint, and since this model has already been upgraded,
I know there is little more I can do at the moment.

However, barring that difficulty, my second biggest pet peeve is the
Notes application. Regularly,
I use the Outline view of Notes to, well, take notes. Unfortunately,
it seems as though it wasn't
designed with the eMate in mind. In particular, in order to create a
new bullet point, one must use
the pen to tap on either the "New Bullet", "Indent Forward", or
"Indent Backwards". Are there any
keyboard shortcuts built in that can alleviate this problem?
Alternatively, how hard would it be to
remap some of the more infrequently used keys, such as the
"Dock/Send/Receive" keys to perform
these tasks?