Re: [NTLK] Case

From: Alan Davis (mdawd_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 12:10:10 PDT

I too have one of those "made in China" cases with the D-rings in the back.
Love it!

On 8/10/04 4:49 AM, "Jon Glass" <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2004, at 9:12 AM, Martin Howard wrote:
>
>> I'm just looking
>> for something to keep an MP2100 in: no extra cards, no keyboard, no
>> nothin'. Just the Newt.
>>
>> What are people using and what works well?
>
> I have used the Calise and BTI cases for years with my 120's and 130,
> and quite frankly, I loved them. However, I can't get my 2100 to stay
> securely in my Calise, so I've passed it to my son to use with his 120.
>
> However, when I got frustrated, I went looking online, and I think it
> was MacSales where I found an interesting custom-made case. I'm
> thinking they were made for that big batch of 2k devices that went on
> liquidation a while ago, that were the property of a pharmaceuticals
> firm. The case has a stiff flip-top, and on the back, two D-rings for
> something (a strap? shoulder holster?) and an elastic, padded strap to
> slip the hand in when holding the Newt. There is one velcro flap on the
> top-right that gives access to the top PC card slot, and on the left
> are a hole for the power switch and a pen loop. It's made of leather
> and is very solidly made. My only minor nits are those D-rings and a
> tiny flap on the top-left edge that looks like it's supposed to flap
> inwards, but flaps outwards. The only indication of its origin is a tag
> sewn to the left of the flip-lid that says, "Made in China." Oh, and on
> the inside of the flip lid is a clear business card holder. I can fit
> maybe 10 visiting cards into it. I really like it, and it is as good as
> any commercially made sleeves. I don't know if any are still available
> online, but it's worth looking for. I can take a photo of it if you are
> interested.

_____
    We trained hard- but it seemed that every time we began to form up into
teams, we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to
meet any new situation by reorganizing- and a wonderful method it can be for
creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency,
and demoralization.

                                             Petronius Arbiter
                                             210 B.C.