Re: [NTLK] Why Apple Killed The Newton

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 14:13:33 PDT

The statement I was referring to was that all Jobs cared about was
protecting high profits and making cool looking stuff. My point was
that in today's market Apple selling iBooks to a school in an exclusive
deal as was reported last week for as low as $300/iBook contradicts the
idea that all Apple cares about is profit. Selling a $1000 iBook for
$300 does not leave much of any profit.

Do I think Apple cancelled the Newton because it hit PB sales hard?
Yes, I already said that in an earlier post.

David