Re: [NTLK] Introductions and Cigarette Modems

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 00:21:49 PDT

On Aug 13, 2004, at 2:06 AM, Frank Gruendel wrote:

> 9.6 kbps are for faxing. The rest is 1200 baud. For this modem you
> wouldn't necessarily need an adapter since it'll run fine from a
> single AA size cell.

Although, in my experience, they better be brand new! I've never had
much success using it as a modem with batteries. I always ended up
plugging it in to my Newton adapter. I suppose that with today's high
capacity NiMH batteries, this isn't an issue, but I thought I should at
least mention it.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland