Re: [NTLK] Removing a stuborn MP2100 battery pack

From: Ben Rockwood (benr_at_cuddletech.com)
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 20:34:05 PDT

You guys hit it right on the head. Today I finally stopped whacking it
and just took the case off (well,
I couldn't get it off, but split it open just enough to pry it out
without marking the casing). Sure enough,
one of the batteries leaked and corroded inside. I used some water and
then some alcohol on swabs to
clean up the mess and the dried it out good before putting fresh
batteries back in. Works fine now. The
spring is fine, it pops out nicely when released. So the only downside
is that my "mint condition MP2100"
isn't so mint anymore, because of the acid burns on the pack. At least
externally it's still flawless.
Not that it matters, I keep wanting to sell my MP2100, but can't imagine
how bad I'd miss it if I did.

Thanx for all the responces.

benr.