Re: [NTLK] Getting Things Done (GTD)

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 05:47:47 PDT

It is a little bit a question of philosophy as well.
When I figured out that NowUp2Date does not work for me,
I tried the contact manager from Norton (I do not remember the name)
and I was disappointed to no end, it messed up completely the names soup in
the Newton and moreover it had a concept totally different from the Newton
one.
Then I found Clockwork that I still use today, but unfortunately it cannot
synch names.
Later I tried Newtourage once and was quiet happy, but then the evaluation
timed out and I was not able to get it to work again.
BTW: What is the current status of the Newtourage project???
Inbetween I had to switch to a PC at work and I tried Lookout.
This was working quiet well with Outlook and I was able to synch names and
dates and todos.

At a certain point I took the advice of a friend of mine:
let the Newton be the master device for dates and names.
I feed new names and dates into the Newt only and this is a solution for me.
I can live with the fact that my names (and dates) on my computer are not up
to date.
This way I can use all the additional features of the Newt and have all the
important information at hand.
And my Newt never forgot anything. (but of course I always take care of
having at least a weekly backup).

Cheers
Johannes

SNIP