Re: [NTLK] [was Newton & iTunes] Slimserver & Newton

From: J.Edward Boniakowski (jedward_at_HotPOP.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 06:52:30 PDT

> I had the Slim server running on my Linux box for a while. The
> slimserver includes a shoutcast-compatible server as part of its
> functionality with a playlist controlled via the web interface. So,
> one could have a second computuer or the newton itself playing the
> music with the playlist being controlled from the Newt.
>
> ,<<john>>>

Did you actually do it though? I'm worried about the web stuff being
implemented w/ stuff that's not supported in courier/newt's
cape/whatever ( I don't actually own a newton yet ). I know that
various feature-limited browsers are not 100% compatible with it.

Anyway, I'd be very interested to know how well this works because it's
one of the primary things I want to try w/ newton.

jeb.