Re: [NTLK] [was Newton & iTunes] Slimserver & Newton

From: Thomas A Isenbarger (isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 11:15:49 PDT

On Aug 17, 2004, at 12:44 PM, mike stedman wrote:

> OK, I was more referring to the hardware bits that go with it that
> they sell on Thinkgeek, which appears to be the Squeezebox
> (http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/audio/69b4/).
>
> I'll check around some more, thanks.

I once tried streaming music from a Pismo running SlimServer to my
Newton. However, I think that I will have to tell the server to send
the music at a fairly low bitrate for the Newton to be able to handle
it. At what bitrate should I tell the SlimServer to encode the music
so that the Newton can handle it (over a wireless connection)?

Thanks,
Tom Isenbarger