Re: [NTLK] Powerbook and Newton

From: Cheyanne & Randy (bayoubuddies_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 05:51:07 PDT

On Wednesday, Aug 18, 2004, at 21:12 US/Central, Alex Santos 100MB
Neostrada Mail wrote:

> In your opinion, what is the best PowerPC Powerbook to compliment the
> 2x00? I have been thinking of getting a powerbook to accompany my
> 2100, my mind is constantly changing. Thanks Alex --

Alex,

        I am not sure what you mean by "compliment." If you just mean an easy
machine with which to sync your message pad and to keep back-up, almost
any of the early powerpcs or even some of the late 680x0 chips would be
a fine machine. I am a fan of the little Duo's as they're just
slightly bigger than the Newtons :-). The 190 series of 680x0 is
unique in that it doesn't need a SCSI hard drive so it can be fitted
with a nice pile of data and software. I have a 600mhz G-3 iBook that
I sync with wirelessly using appletalk over my airport network. I also
use a Duo 2300 for serial back-ups of the back-ups :-).

happy hunting,

Randy

--
You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and
it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody