[NTLK] GTD and Life Balance

From: K. J. Hallenius III (iluvatar_at_fusemail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 07:49:26 PDT

On Tuesday, 17 August, "Calvin Grier" wrote:
>What does GTD stand for? I found Life Balance to have some similarity to the
>7 Habits, but it doesn't take the exact same approach. LB seems to focus on
>managing time and PLACE much more than other Covey "habits" tools. Not that
>there's anything wrong with that approach - it just seems different.

GTD stands for "Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity",
a book and method by David Allen, published in 2001 by Penguin Books.
(ISBN: 0142000280 [paperback]).

As far as the Life Balance philosophy, I highly recommend the following
article in TidBITS newsletter from earlier this year:
http://db.tidbits.com/getbits.acgi?tbart=07529
In this article, Jeff Porten explains how Life Balance works and how it
continues to evolve (on Mac/Win and the PalmOS platforms, unfortunately).

It's funny that this discussion should be happening right now. I've had
GTD sitting in front of my keyboard for the last month. I just haven't
gotten around to reading it yet!

-Ken