Re: [NTLK] Powerbook and Newton

From: Rick Ludwig (bensisko_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 05:54:45 PDT

For a couple years I used a Powerbook 3400, which I was quite satisfied
with. I only ever used the thing for syncing the Newton and writing (i
liked the 3400's keyboard better than my iBook's at the time).
Recently, though, something happened to it. The hard drive crashed
quite badly and I have yet to get the thing to run. Fortunitly, I was
able to replace it with a Powerbook G3 wallstreet (2nd edition) that I
purchased from this list, and I must say it's fantastic! It has it's
own serial port, and I'm running OS 9.2. I upgraded the memory and the
hard drive and I can actually do work in Photoshop, illustrator, and
InDesign! My Powerbook G4 now stays at home quite often as I take the
Wallstreet with me instead.

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned this before, but if you want
portability, and depending on the tasks you need it to perform, then
you could get a Powerbook Duo. They're small, light weight, and have a
serial port.

-Rick