[NTLK] Followup: eMail with 3CXE589ET card

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 17:29:06 PDT

>Sounds like all you need to do is create a new Internet Setup for the 3Com
>card. Call it 'Wired LAN', connect via Ethernet and select your card from
the
>list, and have it use DHCP to automatically configure the rest of the
network
>settings. That should be all you need.

This is what I did, and it worked the first time. Cool. Maybe one day I
will understand the difference of AppleTalk, LocalTalk, EtherTalk, TCP/IP
and
all that. Then again, maybe I won't...

Thanks to everybody who replied!

Frank

PS You might or might not know that NCU supports drag and drop of multiple
items. I put SimpleMail, NIE and all the required drivers into the
same folder. All I need to do now to make a brainwiped Newton Ethernet
capable is selecting all files in that folder and dragging them onto
NCU. Takes but two seconds to do so, and while everything is installed,
I can do something else.

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de