Re: [NTLK] Just got emate

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 18:49:33 PDT

Frank Gruendel wrote:
>>The emate is a Newton. They connect the same way and have both the
>>serial port and a Newton Interconnect port (same cover for both, slide
>>the cover one way covers the serial, the other covers the newton
>>interconnect, and in the middle covers both).
>

> Wrong. For a start, the Newton Interconnect port IS a serial port
> plus a couple of other ports. Apart from that it is the ONLY port
> the 2000 and 2100 have. Only the eMate has the interconnect port
> AND the MiniDin port the earlier models have.
>
> Frank

Agreed, I should have been more exact in my terms. They are both serial
ports. And I didn't mean to imply that the 2x00's also have both ports
which it appears I did. I was trying to say that they both connect with
a serail cable to NCU or other dock program. I guess I shouldn't try
answer questions so late at night. I was just trying to say he could
use either port for docking. Personally, I would used the MiniDin, but
to each their own.

-Dan