[NTLK] Conference & Association News

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 04:43:22 PDT

Dear all,

Here are some news about the Worldwide Newton Conference and the
Worldwide Newton Association.

Program
-------

The final program is on the web.
http://wwnc.newtontalk.net/program/

The order may change a little bit. Additionally, I'm slowly updating
the abstract when I get them from speakers.

Registrations
-------------

For various reasons, registrations will be closed on Monday, 30th
(i.e. next Monday). These reasons include the fact that we need to
order the lunches for participants.

Association General Meeting
---------------------------

The association's general meeting (or AGM as Ronnie calls it) will
take place on Sunday morning (probably at 9). This is when the board
of the association will be elected. If you want to be on the board
and/or if you want to vote for the members of the board, you'll need
to join the association before this Sunday, 5th. You can vote and be
a candidate for being a member of the board even if you cannot attend
the meeting.

http://worldwide-newton.asso.eu.org/

DVD and proceedings
-------------------

For those of you who cannot make it, and for those who came who would
want to keep a souvenir of the meeting, the association will edit a
DVD with the proceedings. The DVD will also be used as a way to show
potential partner about the activities of the association in order to
raise funds for the next conference.

The actual distribution hasn't been completely decided, although
during the last meeting of the bureau (i.e. of Ronnie, Nicolas and
I), we considered that it would be a good idea to distribute the DVD
to members of the association as part of the membership. The
association could sell stuff but only within a very strict frame
(it'd better not be considered as a company by the tax
administration), so I guess we will indeed distribute the DVDs to
members unless the to-be elected board decides otherwise. The
proceedings (i.e. the articles) may be available online as well.

Regards,

Paul

--
Ceci est une signature banale.