Re: [NTLK] Jobs: Apple developed, but did not ship Apple PDA

From: RossO (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 10:40:34 PDT

> On Aug 24, 2004, at 4:37 PM, Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail wrote:
>> This is 3 month old news but I remember someone asking about it
>>
>> http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=484
>>
>> Alex

Quote:

> Jobs stated that he is proud not only of the products Apple has
shipped, but also the products Apple has decided not to ship. When
asked to elaborate, Jobs replied, "an Apple PDA."

Okay, so Apple did not ship a PDA. Where in this statement does SJ say
that Apple *developed* a PDA?

Apple doesn't do R&D like they used to. It looks like they only design
what they ship. The only thing that we can assuage from this quote is
the obvious. To assume that development on a PDA had happened is a
guess, not fact.

...Ross...

--
Newton Owner since 1999: MP2000, Wi-Fi, OS X syncing, Avi's Backdrop,
MMC/SD-based storage via ATAdapter, occasional Web server.