Re: [NTLK] is the Assist function useful?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 10:21:08 PDT

>Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:08:42 -0700
>From: Andrew Beals <bandy_at_cinnamon.com>
>
>Is the Assist function of use at all or is it a mere vestige of "the personal
>digital assistant"? I don't see why I should bother to keep it in my
>toolbar...

Well, try it! It can do funky stuff with amazing accuracy. I found that I just don't need it much since I do not use Dates anymore (I miss it, to be honest. P800 sucks). But just write down the name of a person in Names, dinner at six, and a place you have defined in Names and use Assist. In fact I would want my phone to do the same trick without the writing, just via voice (Newton could to that with more hp I guess). Sadly, it is as dumb as a brick.
So, in fact, no, I have no use for it, but yes, it is cool. Yes, it makes hell of a demo.

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive