Re: [NTLK] [POLL] What's Your favorite Newton?

From: Joe Chessor (rummikub32_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 16:07:07 PDT

     Actually, I'd have to say in my case that I
actually worked to improve my penmanship with the
Newton OMP. It's probably that I write nowadays in
the way that the OMP likes best (thanks to many years
of practice and deliberate improvement), and while I
configure my 2000's HWR identically to my OMP's,
something's changed enough to make it work less
reliably (although it's coming up now that I've
started writing whole e-mails using nothing but the
stylus...)

     I deliberately disable the print recogniser
wherever I can... I can spot a mis-recognised word a
lot easier than I can spot an off-by-one-letter error
from the print recogniser in Notes. 'Try letters' is
handy for training though...

Take Care,
Josef

PS: Off-thread but on-topic: Anyone ever have an OMP
with a weird misalignment of pen taps on the
silkscreen belly button and arrows? The belly button
and arrows never worked right on my OMP at all, and I
thought it was normal until I got my MP2K and the
second OMP, which of course work flawlessly... On the
original OMP the rest of the silk screened buttons
work fine, just the belly button and such are off...

> If I don't use print recognizer, it won't recognize
> ANYTHING I write....

> You really have to see my handwriting to believe it.
> print everything to make darn sure someone,
somewhere, > using some technology 60 years from now
MIGHT be able