Re: [NTLK] What next?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 06:26:10 PDT

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 12:04:43AM -0700, Sean Riddle wrote:
> Geez, this is getting worse and worse. I figured that I'd be able to
> bootstrap to a network card off of a Windows machine. If I got the
> wrong DB9-serial cable, I'm out of luck on that count. Which is the
> default?, because the packaging doesn't seem to indicate one way or
> another.

Null Modem DB9 gizmos exist, go between the cable and the computer at
the db9 end, and are common. Any geeky-level computer store (little
independant are better for this than Best Buy) will have them, and I
think Radio Shack may even still carry them.

--
A way of life that is odd or even erratic but interferes with no rights or
interests of others is not to be condemned because it is different.