Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V4 #484

From: Andrew Beals (bandy_at_cinnamon.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 10:11:20 PDT

jtpigdon_at_students.latrobe.edu.au said:
> I read in the manual that it only works in certain locations, IE not
> Australia,

> It seems weird that it is so restricted,

That's probably due to homologation rules. Various nations have various rules
about what you can connect to their telephone network and they're quite fussy
about enforcing their rules.

--
A herring that for many years swam along with a friendly whale appeared one
day without its companion. Asked where the whale was, the herring replied: