Re: [NTLK] Need Information about newtons

From: Greg Mason (applepenguin12_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 11:58:39 PDT

> Sorry, this is wrong... It uses regular old TCP/IP and can use
> Appletalk over ethernet as well. It will work with any ol' wifi base
> station.
would this work if I created an ad-hoc network with my PowerBook, and
then joined that on the Newton? Or does it only work with "real"
networks. Also, what about when there are 2 networks in the area?
I'm at school right now, and i know for a fact that the Newton won't be
able to hop on the school's network, as you also need Cisco VPN
software to join the network. As the Newton doesn't run Windows, Linux,
FreeBSD or Mac OS X, it won't work... What i'm asking, is will the
newton software be able to determine between the PowerBook's ad-hoc
network, and the school's?

thanks for putting up with my endless questions...

-Greg