Re: [NTLK] MP2000u Not Recognizing Modem

From: Corey Klass (spindr79_at_aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 16:43:13 PDT

You need to install the "NIE Modem-Serial Support.pkg" file onto your Newt
(off the Newton Internet Enabler CD or image).

When I brainwiped my 2100 and reinstalled NIE, I only installed the ethernet
package since I had a wifi card but didn't have a modem. Later on when I
bought a serial cable to connect it to my cell phone, I was puzzled over the
same question until I went rummaging through the NIE CD for help and found
this package which I hadn't installed.

Download and install the two packages here, and you should be all set..
http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/software/Internet/NIE2/MODMSER