Re: [NTLK] 120 to 2000U beaming

From: Andy Galluzzi (agalluzzi_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 17:28:49 PDT

When I copy my data from a MessagePad 120 (NOS 1.3) to my MessagePad
2000, I first started beaming my important data between pda's. Beam
works well, but I think that when you try to beam twice the same, it
failed the second time. But the best way to move the data was with a
memory card. The NOS 1.x doesn't understand the NOS 2.x format, and the
card has to be reformated for utilize in the MessagePad 120. In the
other hand, the NOS 2.x only read cards formated with NOS 1.x, but don't
write in that format (suggest to format for NOS 2.x). The way Newton
archive data and backup information, makes it a plus-plus relation,
also, when you insert the card with the old data, you can copy all the
old data in the new messagepad, but don't lose what you allredy have. In
any case, I think that you can configure the conflic resolution algoritm.

Hope this helps.
Andy.