Re: [NTLK] Need Information about newtons

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 06:56:39 PDT

On Aug 27, 2004, at 4:12 PM, chromewilly_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>> One of apple's stylewriters (2200? 2400?) could (if you had the
>> battery
>> pack for it) act as a portable serial printer - works just fine. there
>> are other printers, include some that work with the newton's infrared
>> port out there. Most are older though - so finding them in good
>> condition, and ink cartridges to operate them with might be difficult.
>
> Apple stylewrite 2 works fine with my newton, its more luggable than
> portable really.

To the best of my knowledge, Apple had only one portable,
battery-powered Stylewriter, the Stylewriter Portable, and it was _not_
compatible with the Newton. I bought one from Shreve on their
recommendation, only to discover that it didn't work, and had to pay
their stupid 15% restocking fee... I don't know if I would risk it. The
SW and SWII and SW 1200 all work fine with the Newton, however, so no
complaints there. I used all three through the years. Still have a
1200, in fact. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland