Re: [NTLK] [k]racking ata-support

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 12:05:59 PDT

On 28 Aug 2004, at 19:40, bensisko wrote:

> and for that matter,
> if piracy were such a big deal, none of us would be makin copies of
> photoshop,
> office x, etc, etc, rite?

Speak for yourself, retard. I've got nearly £8,000 of software on my G5
system and it's all legal. I've half a mind to forward this email to my
friends at Adobe - how many copies have you made?

> the way i figure, if the author (oh, please! spare me
> the sob stories about his wakeful nites); if the jerk had any sense,
> he'd have
> charged 5 euros instead of 50, with a 500 strong user base here itself
> on
> newtontalk, that's a whopping 2500 euros at least, more than what
> he'll make at
> 50 euros per head!

2,500 Euros for writing a piece of software for an obsolete platform
without any guarantee that he'd get anything back. Your time may not be
worth anything, but everyone else has to make a living. You want to
write your own similar application - no one is stopping you. Oh, wait,
you don't have the skills, do you. You don't have the knowledge.
Experience. That is not free. Your time may be worthless, but that
merely reflects your own abilities.

I suspect I speak for everyone when I say "Fuck off".

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)