Re: [NTLK] Are French and German power outlets identical?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 22:25:18 PDT

On Aug 28, 2004, at 10:53 PM, Dan wrote:

>> could anybody who is absolutely sure about it please let
>> me know whether German 220 Volt power plugs will fit into
>> French AC outlets?
>
> It *should* but it depends on the building, it may have flat type plugs
> if it is very old. But that is illegal so I doubt you would run into
> it. Have a look for yourself at http://kropla.com/electric.htm A
> great guide to find out what plugs/adpaters you need where.

I have a friend who has an older German appliance. He has to use a
special power strip with it, because the grounds on it are not in a
third pin attached to wall outlet, but in some contacts on the edge of
the plug. Is this older technology? or do German grounded, (three
phase) plugs still use contacts on the edge of the plug instead of a
third pin in the middle?

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland