Re: [NTLK] [OT] - adding your pic to MAIL.app

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 11:51:28 PDT

On Aug 29, 2004, at 8:39 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> I don't know exactly, but it's definitely not just a local feature
> (although a local picture pasted in your address book will work) and
> it's not a .mac thing.

Actually, I've been suspecting that it's a little of both. I think that
if a person has a .Mac account, and has placed on his .Mac preferences
page an image of himself, all email sent via the mac.com email address
has this added (to the header?) and all who use Apple Mail.app will see
these. (unless they are stripped from the header by NTLK?) And also, if
you have an image for someone in your address book, and use Apple
Mail.app, you will also see their images, regardless of whether or not
the other person uses either Mail.app or a mac.com email address. In
other words, the mac.com feature is not local, but the other is.

I don't know personally, which is why I've done an experiment. I sent a
couple of emails to a couple guys off list, from my mac.com email
address. It will be interesting if they see my mug in those emails. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland