[NTLK] eMate 300

From: Christopher Zinkula (czinkula_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 12:10:45 PDT

I am getting 2 eMate 300's here fairly soon (waiting for them to arrive).

Is there anything in particular I should do to prep for their arrival?
 I bought them on a whim and I'm not totally sure what they can do.
I've looked through the FAQs and such and have found a bunch of
information on Newtons.

I'd like to get it working with my Airport network. Currently I am
using 802.11g (although I can support b also) and am using WPA. Will
I need to "downgrade" to WEP? I'm assuming I'll need a wireless
card(s) but I'll wait to make sure the eMates are in decent working
order before I start buying too much.

Will I need to purchase any cables to hook the eMate up to my iBook
G4? The only cables I know my eMates are coming with is a power
supply.

Hmmmm... that's it. I've been poking around reading messages here and
there on this list for about a week now and am interested in learning
more.

Hopefully I can join the ranks of Newton ownership... :)

(Also if you want a gmail account let me know... I have a few invites
and nobody to give them to. However just e-mail me personally for
those as to not clutter up everybody elses inboxes with gmail stuff).