Re: [NTLK] [MP2100] MODEMtoMODEM communication problem

From: Russell,Allen (Allen.Russell_at_boc.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 09:11:21 PST

The terminal program doesn't determine if the modem hangs up, the modem
does. Try adding &D to the modem setup string. This forces "DTR high",
which means that the modem won't hang up when DTR drops, when you exit the
terminal program (ie Kermit). If &D doesn't do it, try &D2 in the modem
setup string.
Allen

>Subject: Re: [NTLK] [MP2100] MODEMtoMODEM communication problem
>On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 01:26:25AM +0100, arfalas wrote:
>> The day 29/nov/04, on 22:34, Peter H. Coffin wrote:
>> > You'll need a terminal program on the computer side that A) is willing
>> > to leave the modem connected and B) properly releases control of the
>> > serial port, and C) have NCU then grab the serial port and use the
>> > previously-established hardware session.
>>
>> Can you tell me the name?
>>
>> > What exactly *are* the strange characters, and what is the XXXXX? That
>> > almost sounds like a possible speed-mismatch depending on the=20
>> > characters
>> > coming back. xxxxx`xxxx`xxxxxxxx`xxx I think was fairly symptomatic
of=20=
>> > mismatch between 1200 and 2400 bps.
>>
>> It changes every time i try.It is between 9600 and 33600 (the=20
>> connection speed
>> is configured to 9600). The strange characters are something like
>
>Try adding F8 to your setup string. That *should* lock the modem into
>V.32bis 9600 mode.
>
>Probably won't solve all the problems, but it may help some. I can't
>remember which modem you're using on the Newton side, but I'm presuming
>it's an internal one. and not terribly new. (Some newer ones don't do
>the ATFn command anymore, if that spits back an error, try AT+MS=9,0)
>------

* Allen.Russell_at_BOC.com

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the BOC Group plc or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked by anti-virus software for the presence of computer viruses. However, the BOC Group plc or any of its affiliates accepts no responsibility for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments.