Re: [NTLK] This is the new phone i want for xmas

From: paul oberman (poberman_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 22:08:42 PST

Yes

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net] On Behalf Of Laurent Daudelin
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 8:53 PM
To: NewtonTalk
Subject: Re: [NTLK] This is the new phone i want for xmas

on 01/12/04 22:39, paul oberman at poberman_at_mac.com wrote:

> I have been using a sidekick and then a treo 600. Believe me, you can't
text
> message with handwriting recognition. It is too slow and inconvenient,
not
> to mention impossible in a car.

So, you can actually type in a car?

-Laurent.

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive
are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media.
Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has
just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer
common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on
power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.